Friday, May 15, 2015

Lists


One of my favorite movies is High Fidelity starring John Cusack.  The movie is based on the book by Nick Hornby, which I am ashamed to admit I never read. Cusack plays the owner of a record shop who is an obsessive list maker. Lists are great to stay organized and keep track of things to do: groceries, packing, or items that need to be accomplished at the office the next morning. Lists are also a great way of ranking or prioritizing what is most important to us.

I spend a lot of my time getting to know what is important to clients and potential new clients. What makes then tick, what keeps them up at night or, even, what is their favorite cocktail? It recently dawned on me to ask my clients, how well do you know me? Below are a few lists of some of my favorite things. Let me know what you think.

Favorite Movie
1.       Rocky

2.       Dog Day Afternoon

3.       American Beauty

4.       Big Chill

5.       Annie Hall

Favorite Song
1.       Can’t you hear me knocking

2.       Roxanne

3.       Smells Like Teen Spirit

4.       Thunder Road

5.       Levon

Favorite Band
1.       Rolling Stones

2.       Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

3.       Bob Marley and the Wailers

4.       The Police

5.       Nirvana

Favorite Food
1.       Veal Parmigiana

Favorite Wine Region
1.       Bordeaux

Favorite Whiskey
1.       Laphroaig
 
Favorite Team Logo
1.       Chicago Blackhawks

2.       Baltimore Orioles

3.       Detroit Tigers

Favorite Football Helmet
1.       Michigan Wolverines

Favorite Book
1.       Catcher in the Rye

Favorite Writer
1.       Michael Lewis

Favorite Actor
1.       Robert Redford

2.       George Clooney

3.       Paul Newman

Favorite Actress
1.       Julianne Moore

Favorite TV Show
1.       Friday Night Lights

2.       Sopranos

3.       St. Elsewhere

4.       Curb Your Enthusiasm

5.       Cheers

Favorite Athlete
1.       John McEnroe

2.       Andre Agassi

3.       Anthony Carter

4.       Michael Jordan

5.       Walt “Clyde” Frazier

6.       Bo Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment